Thread: How much crap
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 06:56 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combwork View Post
Originally Posted by noonereal:
I think as long as we follow international law we will not have to worry about drawing anyone else in. I believe we will with Obie at the helm.

:

Originally Posted by Combwork:
If North Korea was hit by a nuclear weapon could the fallout reach China? I know nothing of weather patterns, but if prevailing winds did that, how would China respond

Collateral damage. TwoDogs original post painted a "what if?" scenario; "How much crap do we have to take from these little bastards before we vaporize their asses?". Question may have been rhetorical but it's a point that's been made before and it raises an interesting side issue; how hard can 'we' go in response to a perceived or actual threat without considering damage to third parties and the consequences of that damage? Let's look at another "what if" scenario. What if the Mexican government fell, a hard line junta took over and proceeded to take the piss out of everyone? One way or another it went too far and got hit with a single nuclear missile. Maybe not a big one, but irrespective of how accurately it was targeted, how would the USA react if the fallout drifted in over Texas?
but if we followed international law, would not China be part of the decision making process? If we were attacked directly so that we needed to respond directly China would be notified of exactly what our intentions were.
Hence I don't think our actions would drawn in anyone else.
If we pull and Iraq in that part of the world then your question is a concern.