View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Obama comes to Kamakiri's rescue....ya

Well, I'm one of millions of Americans that struggle hard to make the mortgage in these tough times, and I called my mortgage lending company, per a letter that I received, to ask for their assistance (lower my interest rate, or what have you).

I got on the phone with an analyst, who asked me one simple question....

"What is your gross weekly pay?"

I said, "it's $x. However, out of that, I have to pay for child support, medical insurance, etc. Shouldn't you ask what my bills are or what I'm left with? They did when I bought the place."

She said, nope, that's all they need to know, and that I'd be getting a letter within a couple days spelling out what could be done. Fine.

Two weeks rolll by, and nothing. Then, a FedEx overnight air envelope shows up with a letter from my mortgage provider. The letter says that I don't qualify for any loan modification, but that I do qualify for a Freddie Mac forbearance something or other, that cuts my mortgage in half for six months through the government. Well, that'd sure as hell help. Hm, gotta be a catch in here somewhere......

I read the fine print and all the details, and here's how it works.

When you make your half payment, the monies go into a non-interest bearing acccount, and the payment is made to your mortgage lender when there's enough in the account to pay a payment. But, if there are any escrow fees needed to pay taxes, etc, those come out first and I'm responsible for making seperate payments to keep my escrow up.

Meanwhile, as the plan to assist me continues, my credit rating would fall like a rock as my mortgage payment slips, one, two, or more months behind.....apparently the government program systematically trashes people's credit ratings, so by the time the economy improves, I'd be turned down on a loan to buy a Snickers bar. And, in January of 2010, I'd have to work it out with the bank to repay the deferred amounts. Good job on that plan, Obama.

In the big picture, kind of seems as if the government wants to turn those of us that work our asses off and are just barely surviving, into the huddled masses that can do nothing but rely on the same government programs that our pride and work ethic has fought up till now. Communism, here we come.

I figure that by 2012 if I'm left with nothing but my van and a good rifle, I'd be okay with that.