View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother_Karl View Post
Hey there My name is Brother Karl and I am 19 years old. I joined this forum because I would like to talk about world politics, philosophical conundrums and USA politics because (1) I am a geek and (2) I am currently studying the politics of the USA.

I am located in a small town in England but I dont consider myself to be English or any nationality at all.
I have never been to America but I admire the distrust of government and individual spirit that many Americans seem to hold.

Please do introduce yourselves to me on this thread so I can get to know you better. I would like to know (1) what your political leaning is, (2) what is your ideal day, (3) what is your job and (4) what is the most important political issue to you at the moment. Thanks!

Talk about someone who has learned the art of conversation - asking and listening - a good start kid, from one of the middling old farts here.

1) Pretty solidly on the left. The more I see the gap between rich and poor widen, and the lagging opportunities for the working class, the closer I get to Marxism.

2) As and empty-nester, I'm working on developing an ideal day that does not include spending time with the boys. Still, I would have to say that my favorite day would be to go on a road trip to see a ballgame with the boys, preferably to see the St. Louis Cards in the post-season. Otherwise, Pete described a pretty nice day as well.

3) I fight for truth justice and the American worker, and I get to argue for a living. I'm a partner in a small labor law firm.

4) The overwhelming voice that money owns in politics. Major financial folk are getting ready to control the airwaves before the election, spewing well-honed right-wing propaganda. It appears that the the same folks have been providing substantial backing for what has been made to look like a grass roots tea-party movement.

And, uh, I'm also kind of opinionated.

Regards,

D-Ray