View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 08:38 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I could actually see myself voting for this guy if he's at all serious with these statements. Obviously, he's not confirmed he's running, but he could be on the 2020 ballot if the there's any truth to the speculation.

Anyway, here's some pull quotes from the interview that, IMHO, nail it.

Many leaders in the Democratic Party are veering too far left and overpromising government programs that are not fiscally possible, Howard Schultz told CNBC on Tuesday.

Without naming names, Schultz said in a "Squawk Box" interview: "It concerns me that so many voices within the Democratic Party are going so far to the left. I say to myself, 'How are we going to pay for these things,' in terms of things like single payer [and] people espousing the fact that the government is going to give everyone a job. I don't think that's realistic."

And....

"I think the greatest threat domestically to the country is this $21 trillion debt hanging over the cloud of America and future generations," Schultz said. "The only way we're going to get out of that is we've got to grow the economy, in my view, 4 percent or greater. And then we have to go after entitlements."

We'll see what other public positions he chooses to take, but the early comments are encouraging.
"And then we have to go after entitlements."