Thread: Hello from NY
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 08:19 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG22 View Post
Glad to see more union guys current or former. I am actually a water/sewer municipal worker for a local government. We are constantly bashed because ugh god forbid your union and live on tax money. They don't complain when shit is backing up at 3 in the morning but when it comes time to pay, watch out. Our union was tough for us a few years ago when everything seemed to hit the fan. Our contract was over for two years and were at a stalemate in negotiations. The union held their ground despite dumping money on lawyer fees that they knew they would never recover and got us a very acceptable contract.

I am a firm believer in organized labor. I think it is a driving force behind me pulling away from the right. This last election really showed who your ally was if your a union worker.
What so many seem to forget is that the unions were the reason we used to have a middle class. It was that middle class that consumed goods made here and drove 70% of the economy. Talk about shooting oneself in the foot. Dumb and dumber.