Thread: Free Speech????
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 10:52 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
With regard to conservatives bitching about restricting free speech on campuses, one has to unfortunately draw some sort of line for bigoted provocateurs (Coulter, Milo, Richard Spencer) who are there to simply to see if they can incite a negative reaction. All the better if it's violent or reflects poorly on the halls of academia (over 70% of Republicans believe that higher education is bad for the country).

If conservatives chose to send thoughtful people as opposed to these dangerous cretins, I'd be more receptive to their whining. As it is, I think absolutely nobody should show up other than the Alt-Right cretins and let them have their circle-jerk hate fest. The rest of us could laugh at then and pile upon them all the scorn and ridicule they so richly deserve.
As I have expressed before, the best response to offensive communication is better communication. Unfortunately, the capitalist pigs at the advertising agencies are sickeningly effective. That is why dark money, empowered by Citizens United is so worrisome.