View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazygrrl View Post
Paul O'neill's comments are equally crude, I too am opposed to them. We were, however, discussing Joe Biden and his friends. The people that you have defended tooth-and-nail, and that you have, in my opinion, given a "free pass" to. How do I know this: "Welch whined that he was called a terrorist..." It is my personal perception, from what I have seen in the threads on this forum, that a huge double standard exists in treatment. The same as in the press. I wonder why vicious, racist, and inflammatory statements from Democrats like Jessie Jackson, Jr., for example, get so little attention? Why is he not being called out? Or Charlie Rangel, Or Biden (rapes in the streets), or Franks, or Reid, Or Pelosi??? The only one who made very few of these, and has been challenged on everyone, is Barrack Obama; that goes to his credit. I may despise that man, but he does not say the outrageous things his party leadership does.
I am simply stating that your allegations are inaccurate. They are at best a wildly exaggerated. What you cited to as proof of your position was, in fact, a recitation of the spin that the GOP has used to similarly misrepresent what was said. What I have staunchly defended is not what Biden allegedly said, but the truth.

Biden denied that he made the statement you have attributed to him. Obama denied that Biden made the statement. Others who were present at the meeting denied that Biden made the statement. (BTW, Welch was NOT present at that meeting.) Is it just because these people are Democrats that you accuse them of lying?

It seems like the higher standard that you have set for the Vice President is to avoid people ever lying about what he said.

Regards,

D-Ray