View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Not every newspaper can uphold the fine journalistic standards of esteemed conservative news sources like Fox News, InfoWars, NewsMax, Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, and the Washington Times. Fortunately, this story doesn't have the requisite credibility in the wingnut crowd to be retweeted by the Dotard or his staff as the UK Muslim attacks and PizzaGate did.

Unlike the vile garbage on Wingnut News, however, the above story is true (i.e., Patricia was indeed indicted and the charges later dropped when the gal chose not to testify). This story is not "fake news." It is true. The issue is how relevant/important it is to the Lions and the NFL. Personally, I don't care one way or the other as the Lions are an afterthought in the NFL.
Let's see. This story isn't about Fox, Info Wars, NewsMax, Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, or the Washington Times. It's not about Trump, or PizzaGate.

I do congratulate you at least at the attempt to stay on topic with a passing mention of the Lions, though the story really is only tangentially about the Lions.

The story may be true. The point, however, is whether the story is truly relevant, since is happened over 20 years ago and nothing came of it. Yes, I get that some women who are victimized like this choose not to pursue charges out of fear, embarrassment, etc.

The indictment happened, but there's no evidence that the event actually occurred. So, why make a front page story about an indictment that happened over 20 years ago that never amounted to anything? Just to sell papers? It sure as hell isnt a relevant news story.