View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 07:58 AM

Colorado - pros/cons of legalized marijuana

Hey Folks,
I thought I would share some observations of the affect of legalized marijuana. These are my observations. I have not been able to find any reliable data to confirm or deny them. Probably because it is still just too new to have good data.

Pros:
Tax revenue for pot is substantial - I believe in the $125 million range
Tourism is way up - I wonder why
Lots of new jobs

Cons
Illicit use by minors is through the roof. School kids appear to have unlimited access despite laws to prevent it.
We now have a large population of homeless kids(presumably run aways) who have come here from other states

neutrals
Kids use more pot in lieu of alcohol
Our population is growing at about 10% annually now - not sure if(or how much) this has anything to do with it

My personal concerns are the use by the kids. I took one night a few days ago and researched online as much as I could. I limited my research to strictly medical studies. Ones that were peer reviewed and published. Ones that used medical tests like MRI' and PET scans.

There is a lot of information out there. Some pro, some con. Bottom line, I would revoke the legality of pot if I could, just based on the harm it is doing to our kids. I have never been a user so I cannot comment first hand. Also, I would be suspicious of comments from a user as I believe it is very possible that a persons perception is altered by the use of the substance.

Thoughts???