View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
I see what you guys mean about red states being over-represented, and being in a position to slip 'operatives' into the political machine.

Many of them move into a red state just to become politicians. And they can buy votes with campaign promises, and Federal Relief money.

I don't see it as a threat to American democracy, because the idea we live in a democratic society is a hoax. We never have, and we never will. It's an illusion that is transforming into something else at the present time.

Our founding fathers were a small number of rich white guys who didn't want to pay their taxes. Then they had to generate revenue to stay in power, went after the moonshiners, the first task of the standing army. Because the top dogs always have to appear morally righteous. Then all the citizens had to start paying taxes.

Blah, blah pay your taxes, accept the idea that the poor get a few drippings from the hideous machine.

I'll stop now, have a tendency to ramble.
That’s exactly what Putin and other autocrats want their people to believe: the system sucks anyway so just accept my plutocracy. That’s the same thing going on here when Trump said the system is rigged; same thing the Right here in the USA by saying government doesn’t work…even exporting it to Canadian truckers.
The system isn’t perfect but it does work and we can improve it.