View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
This strikes me as a "living in the past" strategy.
ROTFLMAO!!!! This is a priceless post Whell. Priceless.

Good stuff! Thanks.

You are something my friend.

Quote:
Who's going to do all of this infrastructure-building? The unemployed today are largely made up of everyone from home builders to retail middle managers to computer techies to office/clerical workers. 75 years ago when Roosevelt ordered up the likes of the WPA, there were a plethora of workers who were skilled, at least minimally and many were quite skilled, in labor, construction, carpentry, etc. Today, those skills are a bit harder to come by in today's workforce. Not to mention that many of today's workers are averse to getting their hands dirty.
Sorry Whell, I come from the school of "yes I can" not "no I can't."

I learned quickly in the workplace in my early 20's that I could accomplish most anything, sorry you never learned this.
Sorry this is just not valid.

Quote:
Also, the composition of today's workforce is majority female.
and women can't do a "men's" job? LOL, I love your posts.

Quote:
So, whose gonna do all this building? I suspect we'd have to import labor to do the type of massive labor infusion / government payroll spending to get the the WPA levels of the 1930's. It's not meant to be an antagonistic question, but rather a "real" assessment of today's labor force versus "yester-year."

Realistically I think you are MUCH to pessimistic about the USA labor force.
Most folks can be trained rather quickly to do the grunt work. All they need is motivation. They have none presently because they are underpaid, under appreciated home builders, retail middle managers, computer techies and office/clerical workers.

Aside from your dogmatic zeal I find you to be a bit of a conundrum Whell.