View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
How about Obama calling Libya a "shit show"? Was that cool?
And I remember dem groups doing tv ads with little kids saying "fuck" over and over. All good with that, eh?
This comment was directed at David Cameron and this was on record, unlike Donnie Dotard lying about his. He should have a said a shit hole like George Bush left Iraq, another shit show of gargantuan proportions and all he got back was a pair of shoes thrown at him.

Quote:
Barack Obama has sharply criticised David Cameron for the UK’s role in allowing Libya to become a “shit show” after the fall of the dictator Muammar Gaddafi, in an unprecedented attack on a British leader by a serving US President.

Mr Obama said that following a successful military intervention to aid rebels during the 2011 Arab Spring revolt, Libya was left to spiral out of control – due largely to the inaction of America’s European allies.

In a candid US magazine interview, Mr Obama said: “When I go back and I ask myself what went wrong… there’s room for criticism, because I had more faith in the Europeans, given Libya’s proximity, being invested in the follow-up.”

'Distracted' Cameron helped turn Libya into a mess, Barack Obama says
Singling out the British Prime Minister, he suggested that Mr Cameron had taken his eye off Libya after being “distracted by a range of other things”.

Mr Cameron and Nicolas Sarkozy, then the French President, pushed hard for the bombing raids on Colonel Gaddafi’s forces that led to his fall, but since 2011 Libya has sunk further into violence and civil war, and latterly has become a focal point for Isis in North Africa.

Mr Obama went on: “We actually executed this plan as well as I could have expected: We got a UN mandate, we built a coalition, it cost us $1bn – which, when it comes to military operations, is very cheap. We averted large-scale civilian casualties, we prevented what almost surely would have been a prolonged and bloody civil conflict. And despite all that, Libya is a mess.”
PS: I am watching Daily Caller for your next serve (with no volley).

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6923976.html