View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini me View Post
We don't agree that it was a lie. A lie implies intent, and I don't think there's enough info to conclude that. I know some of you guys like to dump on Fox, and more power to you if that floats your boat.

The info that I used to suggest that solar isn't viable here in MI as anything more than a Small supplement to the grid comes from folks in the industry that I've spoken to. You can disagree with that all you wish, but I suspect they knew what they were talking about.
How can a reporter who has done "research" get her facts totally reversed, especially when the facts are so strikingly different from what she claimed them to be? That being said, I didn't say that she was lying. I merely asked if we could agree that she might have been. I suppose you're so fond of FOX that you can't even admit that much.

Did you notice that she cited no sources AT ALL in her story? The closest she got was saying that "people are saying" that solar is in trouble here or "many people are talking about on Wall Street" that we should move away from solar and concentrate on "nat gas". Why? Because it pollutes less. No wonder FOX viewers know less than people who watch no news at all.

Now, another thing: you said that the FOX story "supported" your suggestion that the experience of Germany, with significantly less than half the sunshine of Michigan, was relevant to Michigan. That's true ONLY if you swallow the FOX story on its face.

I suppose you realize that because now you're saying that "folks" you know in the power industry tell you that solar is a dead issue in Michigan. So, who are these people, what are they telling you and what is their level of expertise? You say that I'm free to disagree but, in fact, I'm not since I have no idea as to the specifics of what they've told you.

A final word about FOX and lies. It was mentioned earlier in this thread but you might have missed or ignored it. FOX has gone to court (in Tampa as I recall) to defend themselves from a suit by two reporters who were fired because they refused to do a story that was one huge pack of lies. This fact is not in dispute. Not only did the court rule that the fired reporters had no case but it also found that a news organization, like FOX or any other, was under no obligation to tell the truth. Ever. They and any other news outlet are now free to out and out lie in their reporting. How does that sit with you?

John