View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 06:27 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
And there you have it. Not once, ever, on this forum have I expressed support of Trump. And I think you and I have had this discussion before. Speaking of bad faith, I think you've put those words in my mouth for the purpose of creating a straw man that you've simply convinced yourself it's real.

Yes, to the extend that Bush 1, Bush 2, and Trump have supported ideas or policies that are conservative, I've applauded that. With the Bushes those times were few, really.

Try again, Finn...
Trying to pawn off your reflexive support of all things Trump as principled conservatism is simply a dog that won't hunt. In addition to seriously threatening our democracy, Trump is killing American conservatism with the help of those who claim to be principled, constitutional conservatives (e.g., McConnell, Cruz, Graham, McCarthy, Hawley...) who are too gutless to stand against him. They are no less responsible than the full-fledged wingnuts (MTG, Boebert, Gaetz, Gohmert, Biggs, Gosar), perhaps more so. If it's any consolation, I count you among the former and not the latter.