View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
But since you're not producing anything of value that can be taxed, it won't take long for my Type A ability to purchase luxuries to be diminished so that the economy can continue to provide your Type B basic necessities. After a while we type A's will want you to be productive, because the economy can't afford you anymore. Couple that with some of my fellow type A's who might find the type B lifestyle gradually more appealing as time goes on, and you'll run out of enough type A's to keep things funded.
You are assuming some things here. One is that the guaranteed wage has to be paid for with taxes. But my proposal is to pay for it with created money, as is done with quantitative easing.

Second, you assume that if people don't mostly all work, we won't have enough stuff. That is exactly the economic earthquake now shaking under your very feet--the change away from an economy of scarcity, brought to you by robotics and AI. Mass consumption will not be funded by wages that no one intends to pay because the workers are NOT NEEDED for production. We either maintain the ability to consume by other means, or just let a bunch of people pick garbage at the dumps.