View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Yeah people in your situation are mad. I can also tell you that people are going to be really pissed off paying more in taxes also. It is a game of winners and losers.
I probably paid close to 15-16k income taxes last year. I would imagine single payer would add about 5k more at the least. People below the poverty line or who don't make much in income will love single payer. Middle and upper middle class people will whine about it.

I mean if single payer was so popular we would have it by now, right?

Plus there would be wide spread rationing and waiting lists for elective surgery also. People really complain about that.
I paid over $26K in income tax last year...And will have paid neaar $20K for health insurance this year, plus all the out of pocket with the crazy high deductibles...One medication I take, use to be about $40 for a two month supply, now it is $380 for the same amount.

Another 5-10% in taxes, in exchange for healthcare...Great, sign me up.

Single payer is popular in every other civilized country...and support here is growing. Maybe it won't happen before I leave this earth, but it will someday.