View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Yeah people in your situation are mad. I can also tell you that people are going to be really pissed off paying more in taxes also. It is a game of winners and losers.
I probably paid close to 15-16k income taxes last year. I would imagine single payer would add about 5k more at the least. People below the poverty line or who don't make much in income will love single payer. Middle and upper middle class people will whine about it.

I mean if single payer was so popular we would have it by now, right?

Plus there would be wide spread rationing and waiting lists for elective surgery also. People really complain about that.

First, the fear mongering and finger pointing from both sides has clouded any real perspective on single payer. Quite frankly I wish I could make an informed decision about single payer. there is so much info and mis-info out there it is near impossible to see what is real and what is not. Like many others stated, if I could move to single payer healthcare, I could easily let go $10k of my income to pay for it and still come out ahead. About $16k is my current health care costs. If things fall apart with my prescription pan it will jump another $45k per year, yes fourty-five thousand. That would be completely un-resolvable to me.
As to elective surgery, if it really is elective, then why should we be paying for it? Maybe the definition of elective needs to be clarified a bit?