View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Personally, I think the Pubbies may have overplayed their hand on this one. Maybe they're banking on raising support from the independents, but IMHO they'll get the blame.

It's all about the next election cycle anyway. And when you get right down to it, they're all going to basically do the same thing.

Our current path is unsustainable, other than to create more money and devalue our currency. And cover our debt with inflated dollars. I just hope they don't clean me out before I die.

It's not that our fearless leaders are corrupt...which they are. It's more like the whole damn system is corrupt.

At least that's my thoughts on the matter.

Chas
Chas, maybe you can help me understand a couple of things.

First, do you believe that predictions of severe financial repercussions as a result of the refusal to raise the debt limit are overstated?

How serious, if at all, would be the consequences of failing to increase the debt limit?

Explain this in simple terms, I'm not an economist.

But, if the consequences of missing the debt limit deadline are severe, is it in any way responsible governance to threaten such consequences simply to revisit a battle that has been lost again and again?

If you were in the shoes of the President, would you be willing to negotiate under these circumstances?

Regards,

D-Ray