View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Whereupon the terminated employees immediately left the building, went home, called in their unemployment claims (which they will likely receive), donned their protest gear (consisting of week old underwear, dirty shirt and jeans, and yesterday's socks) and went to join their brethren at the local Occupy rally.
Under most state laws, none of the mentioned employees would likely qualify for unemployment, as drunkenness and horseplay would likely be considered "serious misconduct." If there was a rule against use of personal telephones on the floor, I would expect that the one fired for texting would also be denied benefits.

I expect that most of the folks involved in the OWS movement have more serious concerns and are likely more responsible than someone who gets fired for showing up to work drunk. In fact, the statistics showed that the vast majority of the protesters were employed. They are just sick and tired of seeing the work they do devalued while the parasites on wall street get richer.

Regards,

D-Ray