View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
For me, the scenario is that I have a loaded weapon where it is available to me, but not to a toddler. My weapon is hidden, where a toddler (or most anyone, for that matter) would never know there's even a storage compartment, much less a gun. Furthermore, if a toddler were to somehow get a hold of my gun, they do not have the physical strength to operate the action.

Further, your scenario starts with the threat standing in front of me pointing a gun. How did he get in my house without me knowing it? I've got an alarm system with intrusion and motion sensors. I've also got a dog that will alert on any unusual noises.

How about this scenario- Bad guy breaks the glass on the front door. You wake up and call 911. Cops get on their horse. You retreat to a closet while talking to the dispatcher. Bad guy finds you and puts a bullet through your head as you cower in a fetal position begging for your life.

I'd rather go down reaching for a gun.
How about THIS scenario;

Regards,
Dave