View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 07:01 PM

California Democrat urges boycott of In-N-Out for donating to GOP. The burger chain gives to Democrats, too.

Yes, Democrats do really stupid things, too. One of the reasons I am fiercely independent. Thankfully, smarter Dems intervened. I'm not about to boycott In-N-Out, one of my few guilty pleasures.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...710_story.html

Quote:
California’s Democratic Party chairman nearly launched a food fight Wednesday when he called for a boycott of In-N-Out Burger over a contribution the popular fast-food chain made to the state Republican Party.

Eric Bauman, chair of the California Democratic Party, tweeted Wednesday:

“Et tu In-N-Out? Tens of thousands of dollars donated to the California Republican Party . . . it’s time to #BoycottInNOut — let Trump and his cronies support these creeps . . . perhaps animal style!”

Democrats swiftly dialed back Bauman’s call for people to stop eating at the chain’s 330-plus locations, which attract a passionate following across six states with their simple burgers-fries-and-shakes approach and “secret menu” (from which customers can order their burgers “animal style.”)

A spokesman for the California Democrats said the party will not pursue the boycott.