View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
BTW, this is why they write laws like that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lind-date.html

Should we be outraged about this as well?

Chas
Of course we should be outraged. Home invasions happen way too often. If one of them had shot and killed the home invading prick when he broke in, to protecting themselves, I would have been fine with it. It would have been legal in Oklahoma. Recently, it happened here, The renter shot and killed one invader. The other one will never walk again. Once again I have no problem with this killing to protect one's home.

To equate the Oklahoma tragedy with the stalking and murdering of an unarmed, innocent young man, walking home from the store, In his own neighborhood, is ridiculous.

The real problem is the corrupt police department that allowed Zimmerman to hide behind a "make my day" law. I heard the chief of police was going to sign off on this "matter" today and put it to bed. Really you have a dead man, killed by Zimmerman over a month ago, and you intend to do no investigation at all. How pathetic.

One other thing, it is not up to the police to interpret the law. They should have arrested Zimmerman, he should have been bought before a grand jury after an extensive police investigation. If the grand jury felt that no charges were warranted, then Zimmerman should go free. If he is charged and found not guilty in a court of law, then he should go free. That is how the system works. It is not up to the police to make any determination of innocence or guilt no matter what the law says.

I think the chief of police just shat his pants. The stench on this case is overwhelming.