View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswiththum View Post
Ha! I don't leave it up to the politicians. When my Mom was dying of cancer, we fixed up the house so she could get around and all of us stayed with her around the clock most of the time. When we couldn't be there, the hospice staff we had come in were awesome - we paid them 35.00/hr. (we hired them ourselves) and they were more than worth it.

Last thing I wanted was someone disgruntled and pissed off in the house with my dying mother.
South Carolina is a red state, and it does not matter what you did with your mother. Republicans will not pass minimum wage bills and are anti-labor. As for you paying someone $35 an hour out of your own pocket I think you are full of it. That is an RN salary. I don't think you are the type to fork over that much even if you had it. Maybe Medicare/Medicaid or insurance paid for her.

Plus many patients are not hospice patients but long-term care patients and probably cannot afford insurance plans that would cover full time-employment of a critical care nurse. There is difference between hospice and what the OP is talking about.