View Single Post
Old 07-16-2023, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
What is the GOP to do without Florida to point at as a premier red state that everybody wants to move to? Or Texas for that matter? Read an article recently about people becoming disillusioned with life in those states. Apparently, living in a state where the government brags about refusing to do what you pay them to do isn't so great after all. "Grandma froze to death in her apartment because we refuse to winterize our grid? Well, that hag was old and sick anyways. Suck it up and take it like a man, Snowflake.".....
Not too far from truth. A Texas Republican made a similar claim during the pandemic, to keep the economy going (read no masks, no vax), grand parents need to die since the elderly were at a higher risk to die from Covid.

I recall reading this then and looked for it, though had forgotten it was none other then the Lt. Governor.

Texas' lieutenant governor suggests grandparents are willing to die for US economy

Quote:
“No one reached out to me and said, ‘as a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren?’” Patrick said. “And if that’s the exchange, I’m all in.”
Guess he did not check with the other grandparents.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...my/2905990001/