View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 09:05 AM
Persona non grata

A $100 dollar bill today is roughly equivalent to a $10 bill when I was a child first learning the value of money in the 1950's. Today a $10 bill is worth about what a $1 bill was back then, and a buck today buys what a dime used to. So why is a $100 bill considered too big? If you ask me, we need more of them, not less, and we ought to even consider bring back the $500, maybe even the $1,000.

I don't like all these electronic transactions made with plastic cards so I always carry three or four hundred in cash. To do so I have to have my wallet stuffed with 20's to the point where it's hard to close. It pisses me off. But 20's are all I can get out of the ATM. To get decent sized bills I have to go to my credit union and trade in my 20's for 50's or 100's. But then if you try to spend them the cashier at say the grocery store tries to guilt trip you by giving you a funny look, then holding the bill up to the light and squinting at it, and then finally taking out a magic marker and putting a stripe on it before stashing it under the drawer instead of in it. What the fuck is that all about?

Last edited by Tom Joad; 02-18-2016 at 09:08 AM.