View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
The answers are out there if you care to look. For example:

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/03/bu...rump.html?_r=0

But the moves raise questions about how competitive the country’s auto industry can be if its manufacturing options shrink in Mexico, and what the implications will be for consumers. For now, at least, some executives are praising Mr. Trump’s economic plans.

“We are encouraged by the pro-growth plans that President-elect Trump and the new Congress indicate they will pursue,” Mark Fields, Ford’s chief executive, said at an event on Tuesday.

That same article cites a recognition of the fact that Trump has a sensitivity to off shoring jobs.

That's because you've used that term rather gloabally to refer to Trump's efforts to retain jobs. However, if Trump equals Obama's pace at creating or retaining jobs, particularly the type of jobs created in the past 8 years, I think Trump's presidency will be regarded as a failure.

Everyone is skeptical. And no one is yet "reveling in the wonders of Trump". But the left has become absolutely unhinged since the election, and the mindless hatred on left at Trump is glaring. As evidence, it's difficult to find much in the media, certainly not in this thread, that indicates happiness about 700 jobs being created in Michigan. By contrast, Obama and company kept telling us "those jobs aren't coming back", we should accept this as the new normal, and government retraining was a worker's best hope.
Needs more straw, Mike.