View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
As much as I like political debates, I really don't think that I could be a politician. So many of the successful politicians make caricatures of themselves. I'm sure that there were politicians mouthing the concerns about "death panels" who knew that there were no such thing in the proposed health-care legislation. I'm sure that many of the politicians pushing Benghazi as a scandal know that what happened was one of the risks of being in an unstable region. I'm also sure that there are people on the left who realize that not all people who engage in venture capitalists are vulture capitalists. And as the senator from Oklahoma pointed out there are plenty of people on the other side of the aisle who were good people who do want the best for the country. Of course, in today's political climate he got a lot of heat for acknowledging the humanity of his political opponents.

It even appears that some politicians intentionally degrade themselves in order to better appeal to their constituency. I really believe that Ted Cruz is not the idiot that he presents to the public. I imagine that Barack Obama is more comfortable as a policy wonk than as an orator. Heck the Senate majority leader might actually have some steel in his spine although he hides it from us.

I'm afraid the Byrds got it wrong.

Regards,

D-Ray
Call me skeptical. But, I don't believe the administration would have played Benghazi the same way if it was not election time.