View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 09:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Immigrants, or illegal immigrants? I know you libs have stopped using that phrase, but it means the ones who just swim across the river. If it is legal immigrants trying to do a short cut to citizenship, I'm all for it. If it's a back door farce for immunity I'm out.
It's 12 million people. You understand this dontcha? Even Reagan said it wasn't a problem...that they're doing the jobs that hard working Americans are too good for. You understand how it got to be 12 million people, yes? That NAFTA drove the price of farm crops down to the point where Mexican farmers could no longer afford to buy the seed, or run their farm operations without bleeding money. So they just stopped. Just shut it down. And workers who depended on those farm sector jobs fled to this country to survive.

You have Archer Daniels Midland, Con-Agra, Corn Products Inc., Cargill and the US Congress that passed NAFTA to thank for the explosion of undocumented immigrants from Mexico. As far as I'm concerned, the immigrants are just people who have been driven to the point where they will do what they need to for income to feed themselves and their families.