View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Bravo, clap, clap, clap.

Regards,

D-Ray
Merci mon vieux, I recall being in NYC on business during one of those police work-to-rule events back in the seventies, if memory serves. I was at the Hilton on 54th and had gone up the street to Eddie Condon's for a couple of drinks and hopefully some music. On the way back to the hotel this very attractive black girl asked if she could come back to my hotel with me. I said I was afraid not and she asked why so I showed her my wedding ring. She said "But honey, she will never know" to which I replied "No, but I will".

Well next thing I know she is in the revolving door, same section as me, still trying to make a sale. But she stayed in the door and went right back out. Then I spotted one of the Hotel staff, probably the detective, standing there so I asked him "What was that?", pointing over my shoulder. He said "Sir, it is the policy of Hilton Hotels that guests enjoy their stay, and you were obviously not interested." I guess she knew the staff, but it was all rather amusing.

Last edited by merrylander; 04-10-2011 at 01:38 PM.