View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
Last Friday I found Rogers LS 5/9 studio monitors in our second hand store in good working and cosmetic condition. They actually belong to the manager, a very nice man. He has absolutely no idea about vintage audio gear and he wanted to sell them to me for 80 Euros.

I told him to remove the speakers from the store instantly and I will contact him next week to tell him how to sell these speakers best. And I told him that they are currently beyond my financial possibilty. A German Ebay seller offers one woofer (these transparent ones, you know) for 500 Euros.

You guys know how I am. I can't cheat somebody. Especially not this very kind person.

Okay - this is the end of the story - I told him that the value of these speakers in Germany is about 1200 Euros, if in perfect technical conditon. I showed to him a picture of the complex inside of the speakers and told him that nobody knows for how long they will work until a professional revision would become necessary and offered 800 Euros.

Well - he refused this offer and insisted on 500 Euros. He was not interested in getting the most possible profit (for example via Ebay). A nice man. Such a nice man.