View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvenMaster View Post
I like you too, Sandy. I just wish I could find that grinning middle finger smiley. LOLOL
Present company excepted, of course, Tom...There WAS a lot of friendly-and SOMETIMES-a bit "testy" rivalry between the Framingham bunch & the Rogersville crew...The biggest problems we had were w/some of the manager types they sent down...Some of them WERE very antagonistic, & thought we were all a bunch of "Deliverance" types. We WERE, but once they got down here, & found out we didn't really bite-Too hard, anyway-things got better. I had to go up there a few times, & they couldn't have been nicer to me, though. Once I went up there in January, landed at Logan, by the time we got to F'ingham there was 22" of snow on the ground...I told 'em I appreciated the honor & all, but they coulda saved it for someone else...Damstuff wasn't even good snow-Very dry & dusty, you couldn't make a decent snowball outta it...Bigest thing I hated was I NEVER really got to see Boston- Typically, we'd land at Logan, haul @ss out to F'ingham, spend 2 or 3 days holed up in a hotel or at 300 Howard Street, which was where Dennison's headquarters was & then back to Logan & home. Once, I DID get the gal driving the limo to go thru town, she showed me Faneul Hall, The Constitution, the stadium, & where The Big Dig was. I was in their Purchasing Group, & once I hosted our group's meeting, I REALLY tried to "put on the Dog" for them-We have a "colonial" hotel-Actually, a "Jacksonian" era hotel, it was built in 1824, & I rented out the whole thing-all 10 rooms, & told the chef there to do his damndest. I think they were impressed...(grin)