Thread: Hello from NY
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG22 View Post
Thank you,

I feel NY is becoming a wreck for one big reason, taxes. All this state does is tax, tax, and tax some more. Everything you do or buy in NY they want to tax, and what is it doing...driving people away which just lowers the tax base causing you to further increase taxes. Every county north of the city lost population in the last census. Folks just can't take it anymore. High state income tax. Sales tax 8 1/8% in my county. We get charged $40 a year on our vehicle registration because there are mass transit trains that run to the city in my county; so create the MTA tax. I have never used the rail system, but because it exists they decided several years ago this was a good idea.

Gas right now $4.05 a gallon for regular. In NJ just twenty minutes away it is $3.45, why...tax. Part of the wonderful state budget this year, keep the "temporary" energy tax going which adds to our cost of fuel oil, electricity, or natural gas. They tax small business to hell and then wonder why they leave and add to the unemployment rate. We have had a group of buffoon governors in the last several years and it is really starting to show.
Sounds like you are a neighbor.

Last edited by noonereal; 03-26-2013 at 08:01 PM.