Thread: Better Hurry
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Ooo! Ooo! Do I get to say, move it to space?

:thumbsup:

One issue with natural gas is the sad fracking, which I worry about. Don't know why, the planet's so screwed up already! I'm surprised I don't see squirrels with a 3rd nut.

Which is a nice segway into a discussion on the publics' fear of nuke power.

Coal is still king of US power @ 46% of generation and with Rockefellers' reserves I can't believe we're not going to keep using it.

It all comes back to the unified theory Which I now have to modify to include gas control lol!

Pete
I agree that fracking is a worrisome issue. If we had more information about the cocktail of chemicals that is used in the process and some neutral scientific studies, we could better evaluate it. As with everything there are tradeoffs. Natural gas is a clean burning fuel, and by some reports it is abundant, but it's not clear whether the methods used to get some of it sets back the environment in other ways. Same with Nuclear power.

I do know that we are just as addicted to our electricity as we are to our automobiles. It's almost AC weather here in KC. Supposed to get up to 84 tomorrow. (With the wife sleeping days, we use AC earlier than most folks. There is way too much noise with the windows open.)

Regards,

D-Ray