View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 07:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
The old saw that it's the LEFT's fault for not explaining the situation is complete & utter crap. MAGA morons believe what they want to believe, and MAGA morons get their propaganda only from RIGHT wingnut media.
All Joan Williams is saying is that there has been a failure to communicate an understanding of the fact that the American dream has been stolen from middle America by "slash and burn" capitalism...corporate and banking greed. All she's saying is that the left has done a piss poor job of focusing on this issue. The left has done a piss poor job at a lot of things when it comes to landing votes. And the Maga morons only make up 30% of Republican voters, even fewer of all voters.

I don't know what to do about the fact that rampant racism and bigotry in American culture made it easy for bigot Trump to sell "it's the immigrants and minorities fault" to bigoted white christian Americans.

But one thing I do know is that Americans have the government they deserve. The fact that this culture has pretty much totally abandoned any sense of, and commitment to any sort of collectivism is going to kill this democracy. Rugged individualism killed it. I got mine...go fuck yourself, killed it.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 07-20-2023 at 07:53 AM.