Thread: The root cause
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I never figured you for a Darwinist, Was. Not very Christian of you.
Proverbs

6:6 Go to the ant, you sluggard; observe its ways and be wise!
6:7 It has no commander, overseer, or ruler,
6:8 yet it prepares its food in the summer;it gathers at the harvest what it will eat.
6:9 How long, you sluggard, will you lie there? When will you rise from your sleep?
6:10 A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to relax,
6:11 and your poverty will come like a robber, and your need like an armed man.

10:4 The one who is lazy becomes poor, but the one who works diligently becomes wealthy.

12:10 A righteous person cares for the life of his animal, but even the most compassionate acts of the wicked are cruel.
12:11 The one who works his field will have plenty of food, but whoever chases daydreams lacks wisdom.

12:27 The lazy person does not roast his prey, but personal possessions are precious to the diligent.

13:4 The appetite of the sluggard craves but gets nothing, but the desire of the diligent will be abundantly satisfied.

13:11 Wealth gained quickly will dwindle away, but the one who gathers it little by little will become rich.

13:18 The one who neglects discipline ends up in poverty and shame, but the one who accepts reproof is honored.

18:9 The one who is slack in his work is a brother to one who destroys.

21:5 The plans of the diligent lead only to plenty, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty.

21:25 What the sluggard desires will kill him, for his hands refuse to work.

26:16 The sluggard is wiser in his own estimation than seven people who respond with good sense.
26:17 Like one who grabs a wild dog by the ears, so is the person passing by who becomes furious over a quarrel not his own.

24:30 I passed by the field of a sluggard, by the vineyard of one who lacks wisdom.
24:31 I saw that thorns had grown up all over it, the ground was covered with weeds, and its stone wall was broken down.
24:32 When I saw this, I gave careful consideration to it; I received instruction from what I saw:
24:33 “A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to relax,
24:34 and your poverty will come like a bandit, and your need like an armed robber.”