Thread: The root cause
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Look at other animals, any other animals. If you give them food and shelter rather than them having to forage for it, you get high populations, disease, and animals that lack the ability to provide/fend for themselves. Farmed salmon for example.
Put them in a natural setting where there's a tough environment and competition and you get a smaller, healthier population of the strongest and smartest animals.
Humans are no different.
I find the urban way of life much to my liking. Having to constantly fend for yourself blows. You can have that bullsquat, if it makes you feel manly. Personally, having grown up in the country, I find it does NOT lead to a more hardy and intelligent stock. Quite the contrary. Isolation from the outside world leads to xenophobia, ignorance and in some cases--insanity. When I go home and see old friends, it only serves to remind me of why I left and never went back. God, what a bunch of drunken, paranoid losers.

Regards,
Dave