View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 06:16 PM

Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
The water her IS acidulous and since I mentioned those damn Chinees goosenecks made from rice paper guess what happened - when I took my shower it leaked into the wall. I bought two when I replaced that one so I was able to get the shower back in service. It is a real PITA because the gooseneck breaks off and leave a small piece in the fitting, getting it out involves an awl, a hammer and long nose pliers. I must research whether or not a plastic (threaded) goosneck is available.

Our neighbor whose well is only about 30 or 40 feet deep had to replace all their copper piping. Our well is 300 feet deep so maybe the earth filters out more acid at that depth.
Next time you have to replace a gooseneck get an easy out, I carry one in my plumbing kit. I don't think you can thread any kind of plastic worth a shit.

Actually, the shower arm is made from chrome plated brass, although I have seen some white ones. I'll be more than happy to send you a chrome Moen at no cost, I've a pile of them, just PM me an address. Can't help you with brushed nickel or bronze.

It still sounds to me like someone slipped and grabbed the shower head, or stressed it in some way. They're generally pretty tough.

Chas