View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Right, but you still have to have money coming in to be able to pay back all of that debt. Much of a state's income comes from personal and property tax revenues. California's population isn't growing like it used to.

What opportunities has Michigan "frittered away"?
Real estate values and the associated revenues from the increasing sales has leaped back to pre recession levels here in California. The amount of new construction and the old standbys of repair/ remodels locally is another healthy sign. The folks I've talked to in both the suppy end and the tradesmen and women are optimistic again.

It appears to me from a couple thousand miles away that politics in Lansing have started to mirror the lunacy of the do nothing/know nothing congress in Washington. There's a cancer in the body politic, no one from the right side of the aisle seems to give a crap about the working stiffs who generated the overwhelming majority of tax revenues. We can't grow and prosper on minimum wage jobs.
Just my two cents.