View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Area Man

This where my job is.

It's very close to the Atlantic Ocean.

I have a Sister who lives here, and I promised my parents, years ago, that I would stay here and "Keep an eye on her.". Seems kind of silly, but..............

As I've lived in the same house for twenty years, the payments are much lower than they would be if I moved and bought a new place.

I also actually like the diversity. I don't know why, really. But when I go to Ohio and visit relatives in Newton Falls, which is about as un-diverse as it gets, it just feels kind of creepy----everyone is the same. Boring as Hell.

There's LOTS to do here. Concerts, car shows, air shows, thrift stores and flea markets brimming with bin after bin of vinyl, festivals of all sorts and we still actually have some "Brick and Mortar" Audio shops believe it or not.

So, I thnk I'll stay.

Or, I could go back to Newton Falls, apply for foodstamps, rent a trailer, subsidize my welfare check by selling dope, and sit in the "Chit Chat Lounge" slowly drinking myself to death. At least it's 98.9% white and wouldn't have to look at a bunch of..................uh, naw think I'll stay here.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 01-18-2010 at 02:20 PM.