View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Definately Grenada.

Since WW2 it's been bipartisan US policy to basically enforce borders and police world shipping lanes.

With cursory research you can find the worlds war fatality rate has drasticly decreased while global wealth has soared, which yes has helped the poor as well.

Heck, consider if we did walk away from the obligations we voluntarily assumed. With the rebirth of regional squabbles, large downturn in the global economy, and uncertainty in shipping the food the 1st world ships to the poorest would be one of the first things to go. Guess what that means?

If you'd really like to be concerned for the future, consider that when one large power overtakes another the transition has never happened without war.

Btw Dave, I agree what he did was the right thing, of course. As much as I dislike FDRs policies he was elected President and, unlike the left when Bush was disrespected, would not cheer any slander or threat.

I dispise FDR for ignoring Washingtons example.

Pete