View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Ah, the old "make 'em go find something and then I'll deny it" strategy. Not an original tactic, but I'll give you credit for trying.

There have been a number of stories on this in both the US and German press. Here's one for ya, and there are many others.

http://www.dw.com/en/berlin-24-7-pro...ity/a-36774477

On a rainy afternoon, I ride my bike to the Soldiner neighborhood in Berlin's Wedding district. Here, according to media reports, the DHL postal service refuses to deliver packages following attacks on its drivers. There have also been skirmishes between the police and residents.

In one instance, a throng of people yelling "Get out of here, this is our street!" formed around police officers interrogating an 11-year-old boy - a known multiple offender. I saw it happen on a cell phone video filmed by one of the boy's supporters. You could feel the aggression and the lack of respect for the police.
Sounds like large parts of Detroit (or Baltimore or New Orleans or St. Louis or DC or Chicago ...), except these cities are full of guns, unlike Berlin. You sure get spun up over the idea of a brown-skinned 11 year-old disrespecting the cops. At least the German cops have cool enough heads not to mow the kid down with three warning shots to the back of the head.

Last edited by finnbow; 03-07-2018 at 06:44 PM.