View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 04:16 PM

Question for you all

I was following a thread recently where someone brought up basic human rights.

It occurres it me that in our society, we really do not have anything that might be considered basic human rights.

Of course we already know we do not have a right to health care or food. But do we really even have a right to unpolluted air to breath or unpoisoned water to drink? Corporate america regularly poisons both and there seems to be little concern over it. There are some pretty words about basic human rights in the constitution but they are regularly ignored by both citizens and authority figures alike so they don't mean much.

So I'm asking ya'll, do humans really have anything that can be defended as basic human rights, rights that apply to every human which are above question, Rights that apply whether one is wealthy or dirt poor, or is the term an oxymoron?

If there were such a thing as basic human rights, what would you envision them to be?

Last edited by MrPots; 12-16-2017 at 04:21 PM.