View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Area Man

Playing out rope? You could be on to something Finn. We shall see.

So, now Trump is going to claim that he forced Obama to produce the Birth Certificate and that if the President had been an honest man, he would have produced it 2-1/2 years ago. I can see "birthers" buying into that bullshit too.

Or, maybe Mr. Obama just didn't believe most Americans were gullible enough to pay any mind to such cheesy political stunts until now? Didn't think it was necessary to go to such lengths?

I know there was a time when I thought we Americans were the smartest people on earth. That was a long time ago, in the meanwhile I have had opportunity to travel the globe and see for myself what a silly notion this is. There are tons of smart people out there, and our refusal to recognize that is one thing that's killing us. We just assume they're backwards and inferior....Then they promptly kick our asses. "Exceptionalism" at work....................

To get back on topic;

There was a guy on Jon Stewarts show sometime back who made an interesting point. If you want to prove the President was born in Hawaii on that day---find out where his mother was. He claimed to have irrefutable proof that she was in Hawaii. "Kinda hard for a man to be born in Kenya while his mother is in Hawaii, isn't it?". Of course all of this was in his book and you had to buy it to see the proof. (To be fair.) But, that is an excellent point.

Dave