View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
As far as what happens to the mother and child after an unwanted birth... it seems to me that in today's society there is room to take care of them both, either together or separately. If we can take care of people with mental problems, people with criminal problems, people with drug abuse problems we ought to be able to find a way to help these people also. I am in no way equating mothers and babies with any of the above except in the fact that they have a need and we should be able to meet it.

Gentlemen...what role should the FATHER of the child play in this matter?
A father should own up to his responsibility and care and nurture his child. Together with the mother or apart. A child should not be a government pocket book issue. Taking responsibility for ones actions is falling by the wayside in society today.
Perhaps if we could accomplish the paternal responsibility role...the question of abortion would be less prevalent...indeed remote. Just saying...
I agree with one caveat.....How do we go about "making" someone be responsible? We already have "deadbeat dad" laws, yet dead beat dads persist. They existed before Roe v. Wade.

Not disagreeing with you.....Just saying.....

Dave