View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The article said that the information on the meeting was provided by the EPA to the AP in response to a FOIA request. It seems to me that AP's mistake was believing a government document formally released to them by the Trump administration. I see you still have no idea what fake news is. The only thing really changed in the corrected AP article was the length of the meeting between Pruitt and the Dow Chemical executive. Instead of a half hour, it appears to have been a "brief" meeting. That's some really heavy shit, Whell.
Wow, you’re more clueless that I thought. Apparently, just because a meeting appears on a previously published schedule, you don't think a news reporter:

- has any responsibility to check and see whether the meeting actually occurred and wasn't cancelled, like this one was, or;

- assuming the meeting occurred, has any responsibilty to ask questions to see what might have been discussed, or;

- should avoid creating a story out of pure imagination, like this story was.

- take a story down or modify it once a retraction has been posted.

Oh, and if you actually read AP‘s corrction, a "meeting" didn't occur at all. It wasn't a "brief meeting", unless you call being introduced to someone a "meeting".

Fake news, pure and simple.