View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Area Man

Costa Rica? My brother spent a week there a few years ago and still goes on about how much he loved it, although he did avoid the cities while he was there.

I've been to the Philippines four times. An American can live like a king there with $100 in his pocket. The countryside is beautiful and, for the most part, the people very friendly.

Never been to Costa Rica. But, I imagine that like the PI, it is a poor country and has been for a very long time, maybe forever, I don't know. Poverty carries with it certain problems. Crime, drugs and prostitution often among them.

But, I do know there are lots of reasons a nation can find itself economically challenged. And not all of them relate directly to politics.

Is it really all that realistic to assume that the presence of so(c)ialized healthcare in Costa Rica is the root of the nations economic woes? Do Germany and Canada have the same problems as Costa Rica?

Dave