View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Given our half assed political system I suppose it does not much matter who we let vote.

Including you and I.

People constantly moan about how poorly the government works. Imagine if a company had most of senior management swapped out every 4 or 8 years and replaced with people whose only qualification was that they were owed favours by the Chairman of the Board. The big surprise is that it even works at all.

Or imagine a company where the Board of Directors needs the 'advise and consent' of their competitors before they can hire the senior management. Where any one of their competitors can arbitrarily put a 'hold' on any of these senior appointments.

Or where they need a super majority of both friends and competitors before they can even discuss the company direction and plans, let alone implement such plans.

No, most companies are run by nepotism.

I just noticed in another thread a reference to the Electoral College, now there is as good a reason as any to believe that your vote is a waste of time.

There may be political systems that lend themselves more to farce but I cannot think of one off-hand.

I'm waiting to hear you mention how much better Canada is, once again.