View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 04:33 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
The WaPo has a bias which you have a hard time seeing being that it's your bias too.

FWIW, I've no real interest in your recommendations.
Of course they and I are bias. We are all human, after all. I understand full well their bias (IMO neutral to slightly left on news; left of center for editorials, sometimes with a NeoCon slant (particularly on pieces by Kagan); and mixed on opinion pieces with the likes of Will, Gerson, Samuelson, Rubin, Thiessen, Krauthammer contributing.) I understand these biases going in.

The same applies to every thing else I read or listen to. I apply my perception of bias and journalistic integrity to what I read/hear from each source. That's why I assert that the WashPost is at or near the top of newspaper journalism on political matters. Their sports page is great too.

What newspaper(s) do you feel covers day-to-day American politics better than the Post? Which other has a better reputation and greater influence? I'll concede it that it was the NYTimes for decades, but the Post took over the mantle during Watergate under Ben Bradlee. The WSJournal is pretty good, but not nearly as good as it was before Murdoch took over (same goes since significant downsizing at the Post).