View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
The 'seven habits' type stuff can make you better at striving hard to achieve your life goals. It cannot make you want to strive hard to achieve your life goals.

Is the whole anarchy thing about how we sometimes have problems with subordination?
It will take me some time to digest your question. Here is my second attempt at answering. I will try to answer by asking if it is OK for me to rephrase your question. Are you asking whether the 'seven habits' type stuff is good at guiding people towards things that they want to maintain for generations? If so then we are working together on answering a question of policy magnitude.

Below is a screencap that shows how delicate a policy dance can be. Here is a link to the source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u49v...&feature=share

As an aging military brat I shared my screencap because it is a fair abstraction of my thoughts. Detroit, MI is on the left side of the river and Windsor, ON is on the right. What punched me in the chest between the two nations is how far right both of them are on the political spectrum and how tall their buildings are after about 240 years of integrating infinitesimal policy differences.

Which side of the river is more walkable and sustainable as a goal? Which goal would make a person wake up one morning and pull the covers over their head versus getting out of bed and striving one more day to maintain?

Tough stuff this perspective crap is.

Peace out! Party time over here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (62.1 KB, 10 views)