View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Do you bet heavy when you've got a weak hand?

If so, we got a friendly little game Saturday nite, and you're welcome to set in. I think we're gonna be playing something called poker, don't know too much about it, myself.

What you're suggesting is that the corporations are purposely suppressing the economy in order to get more Republicans elected.

I figure that they've got both sides bought off in the first place, but there may be an element of truth to your argument.

But I contend that they're being cautious, with good reason. This election brings a lot of uncertainty, demand is still weak, and if you tool up and produce a bunch of widgets that nobody wants, you're gonna take it in the shorts.

Fools rush in. Besides, I don't see every CEO as another Hannibal Lecter.

Chas
You're right about them owning members of both parties. I meant to say "their favorite lapdogs."

I don't know about the weak hand though. Management has had a good hand for a long time, and they have drawn another ace with high unemployment. They're not all evil, but most are amoral. The expansion of profit takes precedence over every other thing.

Regards,

D-Ray